«︎ Back to Recipes
Unique Peach Upside Down Cake
- 2 frozen unsweetened peaches, sliced
- 2 cups Smith's eggnog, optional
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using Smith's egg nog, combine with peaches and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1/4 cup butter in a 10-inch cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; heat in oven until butter is melted, 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange thawed peach slices over brown sugar.
- For batter, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with Smith's milk, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly over peaches.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm.