«︎ Back to Recipes
- 2-1/4 cups sifted flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Smith’s Whole Milk
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Combine.
- Divide dough into two portions and add the chocolate to one half.
- Wrap and chill 1/2 hour.
- Roll each and place chocolate on top of white dough. Roll into a log and roll in granulated sugar.
- Wrap and chill 1/2 hour or overnight.
- Slice from the end and bake on a greased cookie sheet or parchment or silicone pan, so they do not stick.
- Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes.
They can be frozen.