«︎ Back to Recipes
Sweet Vidalia Onion Cornbread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion (chopped)
- 8-oz package cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Smith’s Milk
- 1 cup Smith's Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Grease 8” or 9” baking pan.
- In medium saucepan, heat butter and onion until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add rest of ingredients, except 1/2 of the cheese.
- Stir to combine and pour into prepared pan. Top with last 1/2 of cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.