«︎ Back to Recipes
Sweet Potato Soufflé
- 5 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup Smith's Milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Prepare topping first, while boiling the sweet potatoes to be mashed.
- In a bowl, melt one stick of butter, not too hot.
- Add brown sugar and flour, mix, then add pecans. Set aside.
- When potatoes are ready, drain.
- Add one stick of butter, let it melt.
- On low speed, mix potatoes, butter, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla until blended together.
- Continue on medium/high speed, eggs, add one at a time until a slight bit fluffy/smooth
- Spread potato mixture into a 9” X 13” pan.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the potatoes.
- Place in oven preheated to 350 F, for 40 minutes.