«︎ Back to Recipes
Sweet Potato Orange Mousse with Cinnamon Fig Balsamic Reduction and Hazelnuts
- 2 cups sweet potatoes cooked and cooled (2 large potatoes)
- 1 cup Smith's vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- juice from one orange
- 6 tbsp. cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar (or your favorite balsamic) reduction (1/2 cup)
- 1 to 2 tbsp. fig jam
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Poke 2 large sweet potatoes all over with a fork and microwave for 8-12 minutes or until fork tender.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then scoop potato into a medium bowl. Add Smith's vanilla ice cream, vanilla, salt, sugar, orange zest and juice to the potato and mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides intermittently.
- Refrigerate in a covered dish for an hour or until ready to serve.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat and toast hazelnuts until golden brown.
- Roll nuts around in the cinnamon-sugar mixture on a plate.
- In a non-stick pan, heat balsamic vinegar (1/2 cup) over medium heat until it thickens to yield 4 tbsp., add fig jam.
- Spoon sweet potato into serving glass. Drizzle with cinnamon-fig reduction, sprinkle hazelnuts and orange zest over the top of each serving.