«︎ Back to Recipes
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 oz Smith’s Sour Cream
- 4 to 6 oz Smith’s Heavy Whipping Cream, depending on desired thickness
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bag of spinach, chopped roughly
- 1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed and skillet roasted for one minute
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 to 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, taste desired
- 1 tsp sugar
- corn chips for dipping
- Dry roast in the skillet for 1 minute on medium heat the crushed black peppercorns.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and crushed red pepper seeds in bloom for 30 seconds.
- Stir in minced garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add the well-drained artichokes and brown them slightly.
- Add chopped spinach and stir till reduced to about 1 cup.
- Stir in softened cream cheese and Smith's Sour Cream till mixed thoroughly, cooking over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, stirring in Parmesan, Smith’s Heavy Whipping Cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Top with scallion greens.
- Serve warm with chips or transfer to cast iron and brown top.