«︎ Back to Recipes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter, olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup Smith's Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Smith's Whole Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp fresh ground ginger
- 1 tsp black or red pepper (optional)
- Sift together dry ingredients, set aside.
- Mix well eggs, butter, Smith’s Cottage Cheese, extract and spices.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and Smith’s Milk to egg mixture, mix just until incorporated, then add remaining half of the dry ingredients and milk, mix again.
- Spread 1/3 cup into waffle iron per 4” x 4” waffle. Cook until waffle iron indicates it is done.
- For an extra-crisp waffle, lift lid of waffle iron, place one pat of butter on each waffle, cook again for an additional 30 seconds.
- Batter keeps well in fridge for up to a week for easy breakfast in the morning.