«︎ Back to Recipes
Orange Macadamia Nut French Toast
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup Smith's 100% Florida orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup Smith's milk
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Combine first six ingredients, stirring well.
- Fit bread slices in a single layer into a lightly greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Pour egg mixture over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning bread once.
- The next morning, pour butter into a 15" x 10" x 1" jellyroll pan. Place bread slices in a single layer in pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with nuts and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and/or nutmeg. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.