«︎ Back to Recipes
Orange Juice & Zesty Pancakes
- 3/4 cup Smith’s 100% Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp orange zest, finely grated
- 3/4 cup Smith’s Buttermilk (or reg. Smith’s Milk)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- Vegetable oil
- In a bowl, whisk Smith’s 100% Orange Juice, orange zest, buttermilk and eggs until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir the flour mixture into the orange juice mixture and blend well.
- Add melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, add oil to hot skillet.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet. When bubbles appear on top of pancakes and the edges start to look dry, flip over and brown the other side.
- If heat seems too hot, turn heat down.
- Remove pancake to a plate and keep warm in a 200-F oven until all are done.