«︎ Back to Recipes
Hungarian Crescent Cookies
- 4 sticks butter room temp (salted)
- 6 cups flour, cool
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz Smith’s Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Mexican vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz walnuts, ground medium-fine
- 1-1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- confectioners sugar
- Mix flour and salt, then in a separate bowl mix room temperature eggs, Smith’s Sour Cream and vanilla.
- Mix wet with dry ingredients well, cover and put in refrigerator overnight.
- Next morning, roll out walnut size pieces of dough into circles for each cookie.
- Put one heaping tsp of filling in each circle and bend the rolled-up cookie to make a crescent moon.
- Bake at 375 F until lightly brown or 10 to 14 minutes.
- Cool roll in confectioners sugar and continue to cool completely, then roll in confectioners sugar again.
- Store in air-tight container.