This homemade hot chocolate is a new take on an old classic. Made with maple syrup, this ingredient brings some flavor that is perfect for those cold, snowy days. Who doesn’t like cozying up to a fire with some hot chocolate? Within minutes, this simple hot chocolate recipe is ready to serve. Made with whole milk, dark chocolate, cocoa, and maple syrup, this classic beverage is sure to warm you up.
4 CUPS OF SMITH’S WHOLE MILK
4OZ. DARK CHOCOLATE (50-60% COCOA) CHOPPED FINELY
3 TBSP COCOA
2 TBSP MAPLE SYRUP
1. IN A SAUCEPAN, ADD 4 CUPS SMITH'S WHOLE MILK TO A LOW/MEDIUM STOVETOP.
2. ADD COCOA POWDER AND MAPLE SYRUP.
4. STIR WITH A WHISK AND KEEP STIRRING.
5. WHEN A LOW SIMMER HAPPENS, ADD FINELY CHOPPED CHOCOLATE.
6. WHISK FOR 5 MINUTES ON SIMMER OR UNTIL ALL IS MELTED AND BLENDED.