«︎ Back to Recipes
Filled Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Smith's Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 scant tsp salt
- 5 cups flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar and shortening in mixing bowl until well creamed.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Mix dry ingredients, baking powder, soda, salt and flour, in a separate bowl.
- Alternate adding vanilla, Smith's milk and dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured counter, cut with round cookie cutter.
- Place raisins, sugar and lemon juice in sauce pan.
- Cook raisins 5 minutes, will be thickened.
- Place cookie on baking sheet put 1 tsp of raisins on each cookie.
- Top each one with another cookie and press the edges with a fork.
- Bake at 375 F for 12-15 minutes. Should be lightly browned.