«︎ Back to Recipes
Farm Country Quiche
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, unbaked
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups Smith's heavy cream
- dash of salt, to taste
- dash of black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Fry onions in the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat for at approximately 15 to 20 minutes; stir occasionally until the onions are deep golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Fry the bacon until chewy.
- Chop into large bite-sized pieces and also set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Roll out the pie crust and press it into a large fluted deep tart pan or any kind of deep-dish pie pan.
- Whip the eggs, Smith's heavy cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix in the onions, bacon, and cheese. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet and cover lightly with aluminum foil; bake it for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.