«︎ Back to Recipes
Dreamy Eggnog Custard
- Combine Smith's Milk, Smith’s Half & Half and Smith’s Whipping Cream in large pot and slowly heat until steaming.
- Whisk until well blended the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt.
- Once steaming, slowly pour about 1/2 cup Smith's milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking to temper the eggs.
- Repeat with another 1/2 cup Smith's milk mixture, then slowly pour the remaining milk mixture into the eggs while gently whisking and stir until sugars are dissolved.
- Add the vanilla and rum extract before pouring the custard into serving cups.
- Have serving cups ready in a hot water bath and pour into cups. Sprinkle each cup with the nutmeg and/or cinnamon.
- Bake at 325 F for about 50 minutes. Custard should be set but not browned on top. It should still wiggle a bit in the middle.
- Take out of oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before setting in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.