«︎ Back to Recipes
Cranberry-Orange Sour Cream Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Butter muffin tins.
- Grate the zest from the oranges. Combine the zest, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 Tbsp Smith’s Orange Juice in a small saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat for about 2 minutes, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the butter, stir until melted, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Add dried cranberries and stir. Set aside.
- In larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, Smith's sour cream, Smith's milk, reserved orange mixture until smooth.
- Add the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in the tins for 3 minutes, then remove.
- In small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp Smith’s Orange Juice.
- Drizzle on top of the cooled muffins.
- Makes 18 standard muffins.