«︎ Back to Recipes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Smith's Sour Cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 oz room-temperature cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- confectioners sugar
- With a paddle attachment, combine dry ingredients. Add butter until it’s a crumbly mixture.
- In a separate bowl, use a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to combine the Smith’s Sour Cream and egg yolk until very smooth.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
- Form into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Dust counter with confectioners sugar, roll out the pastry into a square about 1/8" thick into 3” x 3” squares. Place a tsp of filling in the center of each square.
- Lift up one square, gathering the center of the square around the filling into a cup.
- Place the cookie in a mini muffin tin and repeat with the remaining squares. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack.