«︎ Back to Recipes
3-Layer Chocolate Peppermint Pie
- 2-1/2 cups crushed walnuts
- 6 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened (not melted)
First Layer of Pie:
Second Layer of Pie:
Third Layer of Pie:
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts.
- Add softened butter; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Press evenly on bottom and up sides of a pie plate and freeze 4 hours.
- Heat 1-1/3 cups of Smith’s Heavy Whipping Cream over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly; add chocolate until all is melted.
- Mix in egg yolk; remove from heat.
- Cool and cover; refrigerate 2 hours.
- Whip chocolate mixture to stiff peaks; pour into frozen crust; freeze overnight.
- Let 3 cups of ice cream sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour until it becomes spreadable.
- Spread ice cream over chocolate layer and cover; freeze 2 hours.
- Heat 1 cup of Smith’s Heavy Whipping Cream over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly; add small amounts of peppermint candies until melted.
- Remove from heat and cover; refrigerate 2 hours.
- Whip mixture to stiff peaks and spread over pie; freeze 3 hours. If using shaved chocolate, sprinkle on top.
- Let pie sit at room temperature about 1/2 hour before serving. Cut with a sharp warmed knife.