«︎ Back to Recipes
Mom's Mac & Cheese
- 1-1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 tbsp butter or margarine, divided
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup Smith's Milk
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz processed American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- Place in greased 1-1/2-quart baking dish, set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 4 TBSP of butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat.
- Stir in cheeses, salt and pepper until cheese is melted.
- Pour over macaroni, mix well.
- Melt the remaining butter; add the bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 375 F.